Roll Goods Processing
JOMAR’s Software Solutions for Roll Goods Processing can be reinforced with selected platform independent software components of our web-based Enterprise Business Software application suite and integrated with third party software solutions for plastic, rubber, paper, steel coils and cables.
Roll Goods for Industry Sectors
- Rolls of engineered performance materials for ballistic, fire and chemical protection
- Performance fabric rolls for technical and industrial textiles, furniture, awnings, upholstery, automotive, marine, sports, medical and hygiene products
- Fabric Rolls by style for home fashions and apparel/sewn products
- Rolls for Floor Covering (i.e. carpets, matting, vinyl and laminates)
- Plastic Rolls for industry and consumer packaging
- Paper Rolls for forestry products
- Steel Coils with tracking by heat number in Steel Service Centers
- Wire Spools, Reels, Coils and Rolls – screening, netting and mesh fabrics for windows or doors, sun control fabrics and construction reinforcement materials
- Cables and Wire Coils for electric power transmission lines, communications networks and fiber optics
Roll Goods Processing Software Functions
- Assignment of rolls or steel coils to customer orders
- Manufacturing order allocation of assigned and unassigned rolls or coils
- Inventory availability by quality of roll, coil and cable across plants and warehouses
- Bill of material, recipe formula and dyelot management
- Product and machine specifications, laboratory specifications and quality control tests with test history by lot, roll, coil and type of cable
- Cutting and slitting rolls and steel coils with traceability to original parent roll or coil
Inventory Control provides for on-line 'Availability Check' by quality, SKU, lot, plastic, paper or fabric roll, steel coil (by heat number), wire spools and cables by specifications, carton, and shipping containers. Multiple units of measure are provided for length, weight and volume including conversion from metric to imperial measures. Inventory is integrated with MRP, purchasing and customer services.
Warehouse management is supported by a Bin Locator system and R.F. picking lists with touch-screens, special packaging software functions and the distribution release for picking and packing large volume shipments to chain stores, customers and warehouses or regional distribution centers.
Complete tracking is provided from raw material to the finished product by quality, SKU, lot, batch, roll, coil, serial number, pallet and roll to semi-finished and finished product.